In the Gran Paradiso National Parc
2 places availables from 19 to 25 march. The Gran Paradiso area in Italy is a renowned ski touring area with a huge range of ski touring options and excellent huts.
The Benevolo hut, situated in the Gran Paradiso, gives access to a number of good ski peaks with great north facing ski terrain with the best chances for good snow to ski. This 4-day trip of relaxed ski touring close to the Benevolo hut is a great choice for your first multi-day ski tour. You’ll get a fantastic flavour of what it is to ski away from resorts, enjoy the social aspects of hut life and get a taste of the remoteness of the mountains.
– Complete some classic medium to long length ski mountain journeys in the Courmayeur Valley and surrounding area.
– Spend a night in a mountain hut allowing a good journey to be made and early start to complete a long tour.
– This course has less structured training than the Intro Ski Touring Course and is aimed at folk already competent in the basic ski mountaineering skills. Whilst these skills will be revised during ongoing training throughout the course, the emphasis will be on getting some big journeys and great skiing done.
– Provide an excellent spring board, at the start of the classic hut to hut touring season, for other challenging ski mountaineering trips in the spring.
– Have an enjoyable and sociable week meeting up with other like minded ski mountaineers who you may end up skiing with again in the future